Tuesday, July 27, 2010

intermission

The last week has been incredibly busy. Last Wednesday-Thursday I spent in Cincinnati hanging out with friends. Jessie and I got Greek food at the epic "Sebastian's", and the next morning Jobst and I went to "The Anchor." Their coffee cannot be beat, and a "certified barista" is the one saying this. I returned to the world of work Friday and spent Friday evening with my sister and my friends Dylan and Tyler. Saturday night Mom and Dad returned from their mission trip in New Orleans. Sunday I went to church at M.C.C. and the pastor talked a little bit about God's divine plan for our lives, which irked me a little bit, because that whole concept is wholly un-biblical, but it's nothing to get up in arms against (though I do that quite often). Afterwards a whole bunch of us--Dewenter, Pat and Ashlie, Chris, Ron & Aisa, their friend Jenny, amidst others--went to a barbecue place in Miamisburg called Bullwinkle's. I worked 3-9:00 and my aunt and grandma came into town and afterwards we sat on the patio with our drinks. On Monday Mom had surgery, something with her nose, and she's been recovering pretty well. Tuesday I got a flat tire and had a helluva time putting on the spare, but this afternoon I was able to get the tire fixed at a local shoppe and even got matching hubcaps for all my tires. I also got lunch at the China Cottage in Centerville with friends from work: Forest and his fiance, Susie, and Carly, too.

The rumor is that tomorrow afternoon, Jessie and Rae and Mandy and Mandy's sister Onaleasha are coming up from Cincinnati to visit me. Jessie and Rae may not be coming, but I am certain that Mandy and Onaleasha will be making the journey. I've never met Onaleasha, but I've heard plenty of stories, and she seems like a pretty cool little girl. I work Thursday and Friday and then have an actual weekend off. I'm still waiting to hear from F.C.C. The vote for who will be taking the position takes place tomorrow, I think. I should find out the verdict soon. I'm not concerned about it.

I've been continuing to read "What Saint Paul Really Said" by N.T. Wright and really enjoy it. I'm also reading some fiction to "cool off": right now I'm going through "Gods and Generals" by Jeff Shaara (I love historical fiction, and the Shaara family is great at it). I'm going to read the whole trilogy, it gives me something to do before bed and when I'm bored. I'm still losing weight (minus Chinese today) and have finally breached the 145# plateau. 135# is still my ultimate goal, it's only 14-15# away (I've already lost51 pounds, so it shouldn't be too difficult). Okay. Now I'm going to bed. Have to be at work at 5:30 tomorrow morning.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...