Sunday, July 04, 2010

july 4th: beer and a frisbee

It's been a good July 4th weekend. Since I had the day off work, I spent most of the day off to myself, thinking and praying about a handful of things going on in my life, seeking direction. Regarding one such thing, I believe God has given me a signpost to the direction to go, for which I am thankful albeit nervous. A bunch of people invited me down to Cincinnati to watch the fireworks in Blue Ash, but I decided not to go (I'll be down Wednesday, anyways, since I have the day off), and I'm glad I didn't: I got to spend some time with my good friend Patrick, whom I hardly ever see except for Sunday mornings for about three hours. He brought over some nice beer and we sat on the front porch and drank it as the sun set and threw a frisbee back and forth and laughed about the strange events that transpired during his weekend. Tomorrow I am working 6:30-3:00, and Tuesday I work till 1:30, I believe. Tuesday night I am having some people over for a bonfire, and Wednesday I am going down to Cincinnati (Mandy wants to take me out to The Anchor, an antique haunt of mine), and then this weekend I'll just be working my tail off. It's already July, obviously (being the 4th and all), but I won't have my monthly weigh-in till the end of the week. I ate like a pig and didn't exercise all weekend, and I want to work it off before I take the picture. Last weigh-in was at 145#--fifty pounds lost total--but I'm sure it's up to about 150# now thanks to the wedding festivities (which were well worth it).

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...