Saturday, July 17, 2010

another wedding

This morning I went by work for two shots of espresso over ice and then took 741 South to Interstate 71 and went south to visit Sarah at work. I got a Greek pizza and when I went out to my car to head down to the Claypole House, I found the front left tire flat. I sighed and opened the trunk and got out all the tools and cranked the wheel off the ground and undid the lug-nuts and then wrestled with the flat tire trying to get it off but to no avail. After about twenty minutes of trying I cursed and lowered the wheel back down and decided just to drive it slowly to the nearest gas station and pump it full of air for a temporary fix. But then I couldn't get the lug-nuts on! They were somehow stripped, probably thanks to the fact that the Wal-Mart in Mt. Sterling used an air-gun to put the lug-nuts on and the lug-nuts were too small for the groove. I made a few phone calls and a tow truck came up and we took the Prizm to the shop and the guy was very nice and we shared some good conversation and cigarettes and then he sold me a new tire and put it on free of charge and then I headed down to Cincinnati. I missed Nate & Kirby's wedding but made it to the reception, which was lots of fun. I sat with Monica, whom I haven't seen in quite a long time, and I visited with other college friends whom I haven't seen for years. My ex-girlfriend was there, now married, the only girl I've ever loved, and she sat at the table beside mine with her husband, and I kept forgetting she was there until friends reminded me, asking how it made me feel. "I honestly don't care," I said, which was the truth. After the reception I said bye to all my friends and went to Aroma's to visit Jessie, and I got an espresso over ice and we sat down and figured out a day we can hang out next week since she's leaving back for Mahomet, Illinois at the end of the month, which is very sad. I went by the Claypole House but everyone was passed out, so I just headed home, followed halfway there by a storm spewing hail and lightning bolts.

Now I'm sitting at home writing this and have a lot to do, including taking my parents to their church so they can board a bus down to New Orleans for a missions trip (I'll have the house to myself this week). Dylan asked Dad yesterday, "What're you guys gonna do there?" and my dad said, "I'm not sure, probably just hit up Bourbon Street and throw back some brewskies." Yes, he's the elder at the church.

Tomorrow I plan on hitting up M.C.C. with Dewenter and then probably grab some Chinese at China Cottage per the usual. I'm going to try to avoid eating out this upcoming week. It's such a waste of money; eating at home is so much cheaper and can be so much healthier. I haven't lost any weight but I'm still toning up, which is nice, and I look pretty good. Multiple people commented today on how skinny I look, and they were surprised to hear that I haven't lost any weight for about two months. Granted, I haven't been eating the best and have just been doing weight-lifting, so not losing weight isn't a surprise. But I'm content where I'm at and actually feel good about myself, which is wholly more than I could've said this time last year.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...