Monday, July 05, 2010

a good evening

After work Tyler came over, and we went to Dorothy Lane Market for dinner. We both got a salad and a roll, and I we split some fresh spring rolls. On our way out I grabbed a delicious Belgian beer and we sat on the front porch and I drank my beer and we smoked cigarettes. Tomorrow he is joining Patrick and I for a bonfire and to play some guitar. I'm pretty excited about that. I work 5-1:30 and afterward plan on hitting the gym for a little while. It's been far, far too long since I've done any cardiovascular work. I've been growing weak in my resolve for weight-loss, having stopped losing weight at 50#. I am naturally short and stocky, and I'll always have pudge to me (my father runs marathons every week and placed well in the Iron Man and eats like a peasant, and he still has a belly). Yet I know that I can still become skinner, I can still lose weight. I don't want to become anorexic by any means, and while I'm content with where I'm at, I'm also--strangely enough--not content to remain this way. Weigh-in today was at 150#, and I was at 145# a week ago. Hopefully by Nate and Kirby's wedding, I'll be down to 145# or below. I just can't seem to move below 145-150#, though honestly that is my fault--being lazy and overeating. I need to stop eating out, return to my staple diet of eggs and toast and vegetables and grilled chicken.

Wednesday I am going to a sushi buffet with Mandy and possibly Ams and Jessie. I'm really excited about it. I've went there once before and really enjoyed it.

Here's a picture taken outside D.L.M., which is one of my friends and mine's favorite places to eat (it's a grocery store, but their prepared food is phenomenal):

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...