Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"inception"


Last night, Dylan, Tyler, Ams and I saw the movie "Inception" at the Springdale IMAX. I honestly didn't want to go that badly, but it was $6 and I had nothing better to do. I'd heard lots of good things about the movie, but most of the reviews made it sound similar in ways to "LOST" and I wasn't sure if I wanted to see that sort of thing (never did like the show). Turns out I loved the movie, and I'm glad there's finally a good movie that came out this summer. It's far better than "Avatar", in my opinion, though Avatar's experience is as-yet unrivaled (you can't beat IMAX 3D). But when it comes to the actual movie, "Inception" is far better.

This is the first day of my weekend. I'm going to run some errands this morning, then I'm going down to Cincinnati and staying the night at the Claypole House. I'm hanging out with Jessie before she heads to Illinois for several months (she's moving back home), and Thursday morning I'm grabbing brunch with my old friend Jobst. I work 5-2:00 Friday, have Saturday off, and then it's right back into the madness Sunday (with a 3-9:00 shift before a long week of back-to-back shifts). I haven't heard back from F.C.C. but I should within the next week. At this point I'm hoping for the job, but I'm not worried about it. I remain, in many ways, stoic.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...