Monday, July 05, 2010

the dayton days (23)

Tyler & Dewenter
Mom's Birthday. Faith & I talked till about 3:30 AM, and she was awake when I left for work at 5:15 so we talked then, too. I hate not knowing if a person likes me, so I asked her, and she said, "Yes." She's a romantic who enjoys cuddling, which I'm all about. We're going to hang out Wednesday. After work I slept till about 5:00, and Dylan & Tyler came over. We grabbed dinner at Skyline Chili (I love their Greek wrap) and played Mario-Kart and went to Starbucks. Chris, Lee, and Andrea were there. We shared lots of laughs.

Tuesday. Faith called me around 11:00 PM last night, and we talked till about 3:30. She was at the hospital yesterday for blood-work, was lying in bed and wishing I was there. I worked 7-2:30 with Forrest, Wade, J.J., Tony, and Jessica. Jessica has been promoted to shift, which is exciting. After work I drove down to Tri-County Chic-fil-a and visited Ams, and then I went to her apartment on Rosemont and saw Sarah and got boxes and took them to Faith's apartment to help her and her mom box up their apartment (they're moving). So I met Faith tonight. She's very cute and shy. We got dinner at McDonald's and then parked at a church and cuddled and talked. I got home around 2:30 AM.

Wednesday. So tired this morning. I worked 6-2:00 with Tony, Suzan, Wade, and Jessica. I went down to Springdale to see Faith. We cuddled at Glenwood Gardens and got dinner at Perkins. She's a great girl, but there's not really any connection, even though she's wildly crazy about me. We'll see how things go, I guess?

Thursday. I worked 7-4:00. I went to the bank and to the gas station and took a nap. Dylan & Tyler came over. We had Chipotle for dinner, ice cream from D.Q., and watched "Burn After Reading." Weird movie. I don't think things are going to work out with Faith, and I feel bad for it, but Asenath says I shouldn't. "It happens. It's not evil. It's just life. Yes, she'll be hurt. But she'll be okay. You've only been talking for two weeks. People usually 'talk' a lot and then part ways, and usually someone's hurt. It's just how it is."

Friday. I slept ten hours and it was GREAT. When Dad got home from work, we went down to Mt. Stirling, Kentucky. On the way down I got a flat tire, and that sucked. The rehearsal for Jesse & Mandy's wedding went well, and afterwards we went to Mandy's parents' house for dinner. I called Faith and we talked for a bit.

Saturday. The wedding was good. Jesse almost passed out from heat exhaustion. Ams read 1 Corinthians 13.1-7 and I read something from Colossians. Ams said, "You should like the younger brother from Boondock Saints when you read scripture. It's so cool!" The reception ran till about 10:00. Ams & I ran by Aunt Teri's to feed Tanner, and then I took Ams back to her apartment in Cincinnati and I headed home. 

Independence Day. I slept till 10:00, got coffee at Starbucks, had tuna for lunch, and went to Barnes & Noble. I spent a considerable amount of time today in prayer, trying to figure out things with Faith. Dewenter came over for a bit, and when he left I called Faith and called things off. She wasn't happy, but I'm glad it's done. Dating sucks sometimes.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...