Tuesday, July 13, 2010

of The Anchor and Hookah

I decided, upon no more than a whim, to make a run down to Cincinnati last night. I got in at the Claypole House around 8:00. Mandy and Tony were in the middle of a Nerf war so I jumped in, and then Tony, Rob, Amos and I shot BB guns out back, aiming at a line of cans set up against the treeline. Amos left and so the three of us remaining made some coffee and smoked cigarettes and talked about all sorts of stuff. We then joined Mandy and Jessie and went to The Anchor, my favorite diner in all of the Tri-State area. During my senior year of college, I would go there 3-4 nights a week to study and write. I don't go there much anymore, since I live an hour away, and it's good to relive those days. Below is a picture of me and Tony smoking our cigarettes and contemplating deep thoughts.

This morning Amos, Mandy and I went to Refuge to visit Rob at work, and we got lattes and some biscotti and then went back to the house to smoke some hookah (mint-flavored hashish; it is tobacco, for all of you who assume I am talking about marijuana) while watching Arrested Development (probably the best sitcom to ever air in the history of television):

Now I'm back in Dayton. Amanda is in town (her boyfriend flew out to England late last night from the airport just north of here), and we're going to get Chinese for dinner (maybe) and then Dylan and Tyler are coming over to rock out the Mario Kart, per usual. Tomorrow I work 1-9:00, and I work morning shifts the rest of the week until Saturday-Sunday, when I am going back down to Cincinnati for Nate and Kirby's wedding. "It seems everyone is getting married," I told Rob. Everyone but me, it seems--and I'm wholly content with that.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...