Saturday, July 03, 2010

from mt. sterling

Two hours until the wedding and I'm sitting in the hotel room with nothing to do. I keep looking back at the bed and may take a nap because I'll be up pretty late tonight, I imagine. On the way down here yesterday, I got a flat tire and had to pull off the highway and throw on a spare, and today I bought a new one--way too expensive. Yesterday evening we did the rehearsal--I'm reading something from St. Paul's Epistle to the Colossians, and Amanda is reading the all-too-common 1 Corinthians 13. After the rehearsal we went to Mandy's parents' house and had a delicious dinner and fireworks and a chocolate fountain with graham crackers and peanut butter rice krispie treats (nothing better, I tell you). The wedding starts at 6:30, but Ams and I have to be there at 5:00, and then after the wedding is the reception. I may be heading back tonight, taking Amanda back to her place (she doesn't have a car) and then heading back up to Dayton. I prefer sleeping in my own bed. If that's the case, I won't be getting home till 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning, but I'm all right with that.

Okay, just figured I'd give an update, even though no one reads this blog.
Now I'm going to go try and take a nap.
Or finish reading "The Challenge of Jesus".
But, honestly, I'm just going to take a nap.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...