Sunday, July 18, 2010

"monthly" weigh-in #7

This should actually be the seventh weigh-in, but oh well. I'm at 145#. In October I was at 195#. Do the math: fifty pounds lost. It's a pretty good benchmark. In all honesty, I should be down to 135# right now, but I've been lazy and lethargic lately, and several bouts of sickness haven't helped. I haven't been regular in my work-out routines, and I haven't done any running since probably late April or May. Yet I am quite content with the way I look. I can look in a mirror and not be repulsed, and that's always a good thing! To the left is the latest picture of myself, taken this morning. Please try not to lust.

My original goal was 142#, which I'm still shooting for. Once I hit it, I'm going to try to hit 135# and then stop right there. I don't want to look anorexic (though, thanks to being big-boned--and I really AM medically big-boned, not just one of those people who are fat and claim to be big-boned--I'll always have what appears to be a massive chest; and thanks to genetics, I'll always have pudge on my tummy--my father runs miles and miles every day, sometimes 30-40, and he did the Iron Man and placed well, and he still has pudge). I've been ceasing to go out to eat as much (perhaps another post regarding why, from a philosophical standpoint, is in order), though today I am meeting up at Cracker Barrel with a friend I haven't seen in months, though that's an anomaly and for a certain purpose. My hope is that by this time next month, in August, I'll be at 140#, having met my goal. We will see.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...