Monday, July 19, 2010

the dayton days (25)

Monday. I worked 11-7:00. The supervisors washed all of the baristas' cars. Very cool. After work I went down to the Claypole House. Tony & I had a Nerf-gun war, and then Amos & Rob joined us and we shot BB guns out back. Rob brewed some coffee, and we talked about my interview with F.C.C., how I was honest to a fault, and he thought it was awesome. Mandy & Jessie joined us for a trip to The Anchor and I watched the movie "Instinct" before passing out on their sofa.

Tuesday. Mandy, Amos & I went to Refuge to visit Rob and get lattes. We went back to the house and smoked hookah and watched "Arrested Development." Mandy asked if I looked back on liking Sarah and realized how stupid I was. "Yes," I replied. She laughed, said, "Good. 'Cause I didn't know why you liked her, or what the hell you saw in her." I was back home by 2:00. Several big storms came through. Ams is still in town. We hung out and got China Cottage for dinner. Dylan & Tyler came over. We played lots of Wii and laughed so hard on the front porch that we cried.

Wednesday. I worked 1-9:00, spent the morning lounging around, and showed up to work an hour early. Faith told Sarah, "Anthony just uses girls. He's a dick. He's not a real Christian because of what he did to me." Sarah was like, "Chill out! You guys met twice, talked on the phone for a bit, made out only twice, and he was honest with you about how it went down." Girls can be crazy. Regarding girls and relationships, both Becky and Jessica Chalfant are engaged: Becky to Joel J., and Jessica to Tyler P. It's happened again: a girl I had, at one time, high hopes for (Jess) is engaged to someone else. A curse? No, I chalk it up to bad luck. And speaking of marriages, Nate & Kirby are getting hitched this Saturday! Mom is back from Florida; she, Grandma, and Aunt Teri had a grand time. 

Thursday. I worked 6-2:30, ran some errands after work, and went by DLM for groceries. Mom went down to Kentucky to hand off something to Aunt Teri. I went to Borders and bought N.T. Wright's book Justification. Last night I dreamt I was dating Sarah's friend Stephanie. She was beautiful, but it was sad: so beautiful but so wasted, sleeping around and getting drunk all the time. What a miserable way to live.

Friday. I worked 5-1:30, and on break I went to DLM and had sushi for lunch. I spent the afternoon at Starbucks taking notes from Paul in Fresh Perspective. Study can be so wearying. Dylan & I got dinner at Skyline Chili, ran to Borders, then watched "Munich." Tyler went on a date with a girl named Taylor from his church.

Saturday. I visited Sarah at Tri-County on my way down to Cincinnati for Nate's wedding, and I got my usual Greek pizza. My car got a flat in the parking lot. I tried to change it but the bolts were stripped from Wal-Mart's piss-poor job at fixing the last one back in Kentucky at Jesse & Mandy's wedding. Apparently my car hates weddings? I got a tow and a new tire and new bolts for a flat $40. I missed the wedding but made it to the reception, sat with Monica, Lizzie, and Andrew. Behind us was Rob, Blake, and Isaac. At the head of the table to the right of us was Kyle & Courtney and her mom. Courtney was very pretty but we didn't talk and even acknowledge one another. Nate & Kirby were so happy and there were lots of cute girls there. I went to Aroma's afterwards and visited Jessie, and then I went to the Claypole House but everyone was sleeping so I just went home. A big storm with hail chased me out of the city. Mom & Dad left at 10:30 tonight for New Orleans.

Sunday. No church this morning: Dewenter's in Cincinnati. I ran to Kroger and got peanut butter and finished N.T. Wright's Paul in Fresh Perspective. At 12:30 I met up with Kyle at Cracker Barrel, just north of downtown Dayton. It was good catching up. We went to a pet store afterwards and played with a puggle and the cute employee flirted with me. "If I bring in an old dog can I get a discount on a new one?" She didn't seem to think that joke was funny. Kyle & I went our separate ways, and I went to Borders and bought a book on missional evangelism, then went to DLM to get some groceries. The blond girl at the register was flirting with me. She always does. Sarah's out west on vacation, so Ams is up here for the week (she doesn't want to stay in the apartment alone). We fixed dinner and hung out, and I started reading Wright's What Saint Paul Really Said. We went grocery shopping and she fixed cookies and Dylan came over and we played Mario-Kart. Dewenter came by on his new moped--"Motor bike!"--and I took it for a spin.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...