Tuesday, June 22, 2010

randomz

I've continued working on the essay I started back in February on what loving God is all about. I've expanded it a bit, and it will probably be around 120-150 pages. The original essay is being torn apart and reworked in several different chapters, which on the one hand is good (because I get to go into more detail) but on the other, it's sad, because I really like the way the essay was written and am quite proud of it (in a non-egotistical way). It's finally good to start writing again, even if it's not quite in my field of expertise (story-telling). In that field, I am wrestling with several different ideas, but I'll spare you (the reader) the boredom of going into it.

I worked 4-11:00 tonight, which was good. I love my co-workers. We always have a good time and laugh a lot while simultaneously getting the work done. It's an excellent atmosphere. I have a pretty fantastic job, and I am certain God has blessed me with it. I haven't heard anything back from F.C.C. (Franklin Christian Church), but I'll know more once I preach there on the eleventh next month. I'm juggling several topic ideas in my head. I don't want to do an exegetical sermon, because it's only one sermon and not a series. But I want to deal with a topic that is decently interesting and borderline heretical at times. I am considering preaching on the Judgment of God: both the eschatological and present judgment of God. Or I may preach on evil: the reality of evil, the nature of evil, the defeat and eventual destruction of evil. And then there are other ideas. *sigh* I'll probably figure it out the Saturday before I preach, ha.

I'm looking forward to getting sushi for lunch tomorrow. Like seriously looking forward to it. I'm going to the local supermarket on my break and I'm going to get something that is simultaneously healthy and delicious (sushi can skyrocket in calories and fat and sodium unless you're careful and knowledgeable). Breakfast will be two eggs and a piece of toast after my workout. We're supposed to get more storms tonight. I do hope that ends up being the case.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...