Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bell's Christmas Ale

This week's seasonal beer: Bell's Christmas Ale. The color is a hazy dark copper with a decent foamy head. Currents of toffee and malts (not a big toffee fan, but I'm okay with it), spruce and floral hops. The more you savor it, the more you can detect caramel and hazelnut. It's a medium body with a lingering, hoppy finish. Unlike last week's beer, the Great Lakes Christmas Ale, this beer doesn't have any real spice. I like the ginger in the Great Lakes beer, it's definitely something different. All in all, though, I like this beer. I wish I could get some Alaskan Brewing Company beer but they don't sell on the east coast :(. I'm hopefully getting an Alaskan Brewing Co. stein for Christmas. That would be so awesome.

I worked a lot today. A six hour shift, followed by a break (Dewenter and I grabbed China Cottage and then went back to my place to play some Mario Kart), and then a work meeting at Milano's from 3-5:00. Afterwards I spent time with Amanda, who's in town. We sat on the front porch and smoked a little bit and then went inside and nailed Mario-Kart pretty hard (the enticing language is enticing me to more Mario-Kart). Tomorrow I plan on going to church, of course, and then spending the day finishing (hopefully) Chapter 12 in "Re:framing Repentance." Right now it's at 9 pages. There's some stuff going on in my life--nothing exciting, I assure you--that I wish to write, but I have a headache so I'm going to go watch "Parks and Rec" and hopefully fall asleep on the sofa. It'll be good.

2 comments:

Blake said...

I'm glad you got to spend some time with Amanda, although I don't what to do without her here.

darker than silence said...

Aw, you commented, I feel special :)

Well, she's heading back down this morning (or so she said), so you guys will probably get to hammer it out.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...