Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the end of a month

November has been a pretty great month. It started off with a much-needed vacation down in Cincinnati and finished off seeing family for Thanksgiving. It's gotten pretty cold--I find myself muttering, "Damn, damn, damn..." as I walk from the employee lot to our building--but that makes the evenings that much more enjoyable. It's become a habit of mine to come home, turn on the fireplace, and drink a beer in the overstuffed chair while watching tv or reading a book. It's definitely quite wonderful. And simple. And I like that. 

This afternoon Mandy came to see me from Cincinnati. She dropped a flour pot on her head and I think she had a mild concussion, though the symptoms were rapidly disintegrating by the time she got here (minus the delayed conversational responses and the look of being stoned that washed over her face time and again). We grabbed lunch at China Cottage and then spent the rest of the afternoon curled up in my room snorting lines of Starbucks Via and taking ridiculous pictures, such as the one to the left. Definitely a good ending to the month.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...