Friday, November 12, 2010

parks and rec

I've fallen in love with yet another television show: Parks & Recreation. It's made by the same people who are involved with "The Office" except, well, it's better. The Office has lost its steam but Parks & Rec just gets better and better. The characters are hilarious, the storylines impeccable, and Aubrey Plaza is a Grade-A fox. So how did I spend my day off? Parks and Rec. I watched about fifteen, maybe twenty episodes, taking a break for a coffee run, hitting up the bank in preparation for the weekend, and getting some Chipotle. I'm looking forward to this weekend: a short shift tomorrow (6:30-12:15) followed by a short work meeting 3-5:00 at Milano's. I just remembered that, must not forget. Dad is having a bunch of high school guys over for "Discipleship Weekend" and Amanda is coming into town tonight (though we won't be able to hang out till tomorrow evening after we're both done with work). I'm looking forward to spending time with her tomorrow night and Sunday.

I did some work on "Re:framing Repentance" but am pretty exhausted with it. I'm 2/3 done, and I've reached a point where I'm running out of steam. I know I should take a step back, but I literally have to force myself to do that. I'm a weird sort of workaholic, but only on things that take a lot of effort, have little fruit, and don't make me any money. Perhaps my priorities need to be shaken up a bit. Regardless, when I commit to something--at least, a writing project--I commit 100%, and being this close to done with the first rough draft makes me want to just drink lots of coffee, get little sleep, and drive the book to the ground. But I know that my writing will be affected if I do that, and I know that there's still so much work that needs to be done that the best bet would be to just step back, take a breath, enjoy some time off, and then get right back into the game. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...