Monday, November 29, 2010

the dayton days [43]

Ams & I at Thanksgiving Dinner
Monday. I had a princess shift, 6-12:30. Tyler came over, and we went to work so I could get my tips. Adam from M.C.C. was there. Tyler & I grabbed dinner at Milano's and finished off the night with Mario-Kart and laughter on the front porch. I hate how young I look: one of Tyler's friends saw him in a picture smoking a pipe with me, and he exclaimed, "Tyler! You can't smoke with kids in your youth group!" Hilarious, albeit frustrating. I know I'll love it when I'm older, but right now it's my bane. The only girls who flirt with me are in high school or Junior High. Women want macho, "manly" men. It doesn't matter how great of a guy I may be: I still look like a kid. "Dad hated it, too," Mom told me, "but now he loves me." But I do have at least one woman crazy for me: my work stalker. She came in today, and Jessica yelled, "Anthony! Hide!" She didn't talk to me, but she DID try to steal some of our VIA instant coffee.

Tuesday. A lazy day: work till 2:30, a nap, studying Christian theology, and watching TV. Highlights included a trip to the Marketplace for gas and cigarettes, and Mom fixed dinner. 

Wednesday. I built a merchandise shelf for Faith. She always asks me to do all the handyman stuff. Jessica & I got China Cottage after work. Carly was going to join us, but she felt sick (recovering from a wisdom teeth operation). Aunt Teri & Grandma rolled into town, and Tanner tried to eat our Christmas tree.

Thanksgiving. Cold, windy, rainy. I worked 5:30-2:00, missed out on Thanksgiving with Dad's side of the family. After work I high-tailed it to New Carlisle to catch the tail-end of the party, but only after refueling the Celica and letting Tanner out to piss. Megan brought Cate. She's nearly two years old now. That's crazy. It feels like just yesterday we were on a cruise ship and she was nervous about marriage, much more kids. I played with Cate and remembered again how much I want to have kids. I hide it well, don't want to look soft. But kids make me melt. I got home around 8:00 after driving home through torrential rains.

Black Friday. The store opened early for all the crazy shoppers (4:30 AM), but luckily I didn't have to be part of that. Dad & I switched out the tires from the Prizm to the Celica. Work was hell: at least it went by quickly. I had a beer when I got home. On P.O.F. I "met" a girl named Jacquelyn. She's 22, my type, lives in Cincinnati. She gave me her phone number today, told me to call her. "You seem like a genuine, down-to-earth guy who has his priorities straight." 

Saturday. I woke early and ran by work for six shots espresso and harassment from Destini. Aunt Teri, Uncle Bill, and Grandma came into town. Mom & Aunt Teri went out for beers, and Jesse & Jared, and their wives, showed up. We hammered down some beers and watched the Kentucky/Tennessee game. Ams arrived, and we dined on an AMAZING dinner and played Pictionary for a while. I called Jacquelyn and we talked for a bit.

Sunday. Boozer woke me up trying to steal the couch. He barked and whined all night long as I slept (or attempted to). Jesse, Jared and the girls left early. Mom & I set about putting the house back together. I called Jacquelyn and we talked for about an hour, and then Dylan, Tyler, and Dewenter came over for a while. Things with Jacquelyn look promising for a "first date": she texts me, laughs a lot on the phone, puts on that playful, kidding voice when we talk, etc. I'm thinking maybe a trip to the Blind Lemon in Mt. Adams or to Rock Bottom Brewery on Fountain Square.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...