Monday, November 15, 2010

the dayton days [42]


Monday. I worked 5:30-1:00 with lots of great people and had Chipotle for lunch. Aunt Teri, Grandma & I got pizza for dinner and devoured some ice cream. "You're not losing anymore weight, are you?" Aunt Teri quipped.

Tuesday. Our D.T. machine's broken, and it sucks to have only one bar during rushes. Aunt Teri, Grandma & I got dinner at China Cottage before they headed home. Dylan came over; he's been accepted into the Peace Corps, and we drank beers to celebrate. 

Wednesday. Tyler came over this evening, and we went to The Rusty Bucket for beers and hummus. I was pretty buzzed by the time we left, so he drove us home. Dylan met up with us and we drank Killian's Irish Red on the front porch.

Thursday. Dad & I checked out Dewenter's car today, the one he says I might be able to buy. Dad said it looked in decent shape, so we drove it home. Doug's letting us have it for $150 over the next seven months. 

Friday. I had the day off, so I slept in, made a French Press, and spent the day writing. I ran to DLM for groceries, picked up a couple ales Josh from work recommended. 

Saturday. After an easy opening shift, Dewenter and I grabbed lunch at China Cottage. At 3:00 I had a work meeting at Milano's. Ams came into town: we hung out on the front porch, I sported my new car, and she talked about how the Cincinnati House Church has gone downhill because Isaac wants to be a philosopher. 

Sunday. I dreamt that Kyle & Courtney, and Tim & Julie, came to my house and mocked me for being a failure at life. Quite depressing. The "nightmare" woke me at 6:30 AM and I smoked a cigarette and watched the sunrise and went to Spring Valley at 7:00 for some espresso. I spent the day thinking about life and quickly became depressed. A foretaste of winter (tell me again why I want to go to Alaska?) and in my weakness I talked to Clare--didn't say anything foolish, thank God--and told her that "everything feels so hopeless and empty." Mom came home bearing gifts from Kentucky: she found me a pair of $150 shoes for $1.50. Ams found a nest of baby mice and almost killed them, broke into tears. Dewenter came over and we played Wii before he went to his grandpa's.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...