Wednesday, December 01, 2010

the first snow


The snow started falling around 6:30 this morning, and I watched it fall all day while at work. Carly and I went out to a pretty great sushi restaurant just down the street from my house and dirt-cheap (I plan on going there more often), and by the time we left, the roads were covered. The snow fell harder and I drove home snow-blind. It let up about an hour after I got home, leaving in its wake the first snowfall. And on December 1st, of all days! It's a new month, and I have few ambitions:

Finish the rough draft of "Re:framing Repentance." I only have 3 1/2 chapters to go, plus the prologue and epilogue. I can easily finish one chapter a week, and then it'll be on to the next phase of the project's work: editing, revising, reviewing, formalizing, etc. The fun part will be over and the annoying (albeit necessary) part will begin.

Get Mandy to read a post on "Re:framing Repentance." She doesn't read any of my posts on the book, and my aim is to somehow "lure" her in. I'll figure out a way. Leave bread-crumbs or something. Promise a revelation in the middle of the post. Drop her name in there so she subconsciously sees it and is strangely enticed to read. I'll figure out a way.

Don't gain weight. The days leading up to Christmas are always the hardest when it comes to dieting, and then after that (minus New Year's Eve) it gets easy again. It's not hard to gain weight during December, and it's equally not hard to maintain weight. It's all a matter of being smart, self-disciplined, and counting calories and fat (without becoming a legalist about it). Thankfully I've stayed at around 135# through Thanksgiving; if I'm at 135# come January 1st, I'll be happy. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...