Sunday, December 26, 2010

christmas re:cap

This Christmas has been great. We spent Christmas Eve in New Carlisle with Dad's side of the family, and we had an amazing dinner. Ham, all sorts of casseroles, amazing rolls. The same night we did our family Christmas, and I got a new computer (see below). Pretty excited about it. Christmas Day was spent in Kentucky with Mom's side of the family. Bill cooked yet another of his great meals, this time beef wellington (wrapped with ham rather than pate, because none of us liked the liver taste). We broke out some Christmas ales and Riesling wine, and we huddled around the Christmas tree with the roaring fire and played various games, including a White Elephant, and Grandma got edible panties which I hope she uses with her new boyfriend. I usually dislike the holiday season, but this one didn't feel so bad. As I said, I enjoyed seeing all my family and having a brief hiatus from work. Now, however, with the holiday season over, I'm back to my ~40 hours a week. But that's okay. Santa didn't end my bill payments this year. I gained five pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas (which is the usual), which means that this holiday season was delicious. I should have this five pounds worked off by the end of the first week of January, no problem. Here is the computer I got for Christmas (and which I'm currently on):


This upcoming week should be good. I'm sure I'll be seeing Dylan and Tyler, and maybe doing something fun with my new friend Erica, and this weekend will be spent in Cincinnati, where I'll be celebrating the new year with Old Man Hudson (and hopefully Amanda, too). I'm contemplating various New Year's resolutions. My usual one is to lose weight, but I've already tackled that beast, so I'm lost in regards towards what to resolve.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...