Monday, December 13, 2010

the dayton days [45]

Monday. I spent the day down in Cincinnati: Mandy, Blake, Ams & I formed a circle in Blake's room and laughed our asses off. "You say some pretty weird shit sometimes," Blake said. "I feel like I need a pen and paper when you're around, to record all the crazy shit you say." We grabbed dinner at Thai Taste--seafood Pad Thai, yum!--and played Wii back at the Claypole House. I got back home around 11:30.

Tuesday. We got more snow overnight, and Mom had a 2-hour delay. I had Subway for lunch, spent the afternoon watching movies: "Legion" and "Congo". Dylan came over, and we got sushi at Kabuki and ice cream from DQ. We ended the night by throwing my Ka-Bar at a pumpkin in the snow.

Wednesday. Mom & I had China Garden for lunch. Mom's girls came over for bible study. We had tea and played with Maebe. They left and I spent the evening studying 1 Peter with tea and candlelight.

Thursday. I worked 12-7:00. I lost three pounds over the Thanksgiving holiday: that's crazy! That's a good buffer zone for Christmas meals. The DLM girl came into work for the first time in a long while. I made an excuse to talk to her. She definitely flirted with me, and called me out the moment she saw me: "Starbucks Boy!" I told her I hadn't seen her at DLM lately, but then disclaimed, "Not that I go looking for you..." She rolled her eyes, quite teasingly, and said, "Sure..." with a smile. And before I could get her name, a customer came up asking for help. DLM girl waited for me to finish before saying bye. She gave me her work schedule this weekend, so I may make an excuse to go see her. A girl I met on OKCupid, Erica, is super lonely and depressed, not looking for a relationship, just wanting a friend. I figure I might as well indulge her, she seems cool enough.

Friday. We had new windows installed all throughout the house. Dewenter came over, and we played Wii and picked up some pizza and beer for Mom and went to the store for shelves. We assembled the shelves and bathed in high school nostalgia. 

Anthony Day '11! Ha, remember that? Jobst came over this evening in his new car. We grabbed sushi at Kabuki--salmon roe, tuna roll, and an assortment of sushi a la carte--and then got beer--Great Lakes Christmas Ale!--from DlM, but sadly DLM girl wasn't there. The waitress at Kabuki very obviously flirted with me: she brought me free samples, and we talked a lot as she kept coming by the table, and she invited me to join her at BW3s for beer and to watch the U.F.C. game. Her boss came by and scolded her for not doing her job. Haha. 

Sunday. Some snow fell overnight. I worked 3-11:00. More snow came during the evening, and we got around 4" by the time I left work. The roads turned to shit so we were dead; the store was a borderline ghost town. I drove 20 mph the whole way home. I had some tea and went to bed.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...