Sunday, December 19, 2010

winter dregs

Sorry for not updating lately, to all three of you who read this. I've been helluva busy, and I really don't have the energy right now to write posts. During the winter, and especially around Christmas, the winter dregs hit. I become non-social, very quiet, turned in on myself. I get melancholy time-to-time, and I have no energy to do things. I just sit around and do nothing. It passes as soon as the first spring rains come, when the first flowers bloom into life. But for now I just exist day-by-day. I've taken some Nyquil to fall asleep tonight, and it's already kicking in. A good feeling. I haven't done this since the middle of March this year, right before I got my job. My mind has been a chaotic, anxious-ridden cesspool all day, and Nyquil is, perhaps, the best remedy. I'll fall asleep in immaculate peace tonight, arising bright and early to go down to Cincinnati for lunch with one helluvan amazing person: Jessie Myers. Despite the dregs, I anticipate tomorrow (or at least my time spent in Cincinnati) to be good. Oh, winter, how I hate thou. Here is a random cartoon for you to (possibly) enjoy: 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...