Tuesday, December 07, 2010

my "weekend"

My "weekend"--in quotations because it was Sunday through Tuesday rather than the classical type--has been pretty great. I'm not looking forward to working the rest of the week, but the money is good, and it's what I need to keep Uncle Sam and Sallie Mae happy. Here are the highlights from my weekend:

Sunday. Mom, Dad and I took some family time after church. We grabbed burgers at 5 Guys and then made a trip to Wal-Mart for Christmas shopping, then a trip to Mom's work to snag one of the wireless keyboards from the multimedia department (my keyboard is on the fritz, so I'm currently using a wireless keyboard). Dylan came over later, and we perused Barnes & Noble and I considered getting coffee because the waitress was cute but decided against it. We looked around D.L.M. but couldn't find anything to eat, so we ended up down the street at a Tex-Mex cafe, where I had an amazing chicken quesadilla. We finished off the evening with beer and Mario-Kart.

Monday. On a whim--and per Mandy's begging--I made a trip down to Cincinnati. I hung out with Andrew at the house, and then a bunch of us were feeling pretty good so we decided to grab Thai food from a hole-in-the-wall joint on Crookshank. Seafood pad thai. Incredible! We hung out at the house for a while after, playing the new Goldeneye game for Wii. It's definitely interesting. 

Tuesday. Errands day! I made several trips to several stores--Goodwill, Target, Family Christian, Drug Mart--buying both Christmas gifts and some things I've been needing (namely hygiene equipment, gloves and a hat; it's so fiercely cold at 4:30 when I wake up to go to work!). I almost went and got my haircut but decided against it. I'm going to try and do some different styles with it since it's long. Maybe I can find something that doesn't end up look like a mushroom or an atomic cloud bursting around my head. Dylan and Tyler came over in the evening, and we went to Kabuki for a sushi dinner. It was amazing, per usual, and afterwards we grabbed some ice cream and finished off the evening with Mario-Kart (a classic).


This upcoming week, despite many early mornings, should be pretty good. I plan on finishing Chapter XV in "Re:framing Repentance," as well as throwing together a bible study on 1 Peter my friend and I might do together. Tomorrow Mom and I are getting Chinese (per her request), and tomorrow night a bunch of the high school girls will be here. It's always fun to hang out with them (in a very non-weird way, of course). Friday evening Tyler and I will be hanging out, and Saturday evening my friend Jobst is rolling into town. I work every day through Sunday (and maybe even beyond; the new schedule hasn't yet been posted), but the paycheck will be nice. Now I need to go to bed. Waking up at 5:00 in the morning tomorrow. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...