Monday, December 27, 2010

the dayton days [47]

this has become all but my home
Monday. I went down to Cincinnati to meet up with Jessie, and we got lunch at Rock Bottom and then watched TV at the Claypole House. Once I returned to Dayton, I got pretty depressed. A usual occurence on cold and dark winter nights. I almost caved into getting McDonald's but instead I had some cereal, did some grocery shopping, and went to bed. 

Tuesday. I worked 5:30-2:00 with a great crew. I did some Christmas shopping at the Mall. Busy as hell, of course. I had a porterhouse steak for dinner paired with mushrooms and potatoes. This is without doubt the winter of marriages: Becky & Joel got married, Kristen S. got married, Jessie & Tony are probably going to get married. Mandy K. is talking about marriage. It makes me feel sick when I think about it. It's what I want, but I can't have it.

Wednesday. I spent the afternoon finishing my Christmas shopping: the Mall, Target, Hobby Lobby, and Office Max. I ran into Mom at the bank and we grabbed Bob Evans for lunch. I wrapped the gifts and had a beer, did some writing. 

Thursday. I worked 5:30-1:30. An eerie mist and freezing rain came in last night, and the morning commute was awful: I could hardly see and the roads were slick as hell. I spent the evening watching movies: "The Substitute" and "Right Next Door." The 2nd was depressing. I got coffee from work for tomorrow morning, made a cig run, and called Dewenter: we're hanging out Sunday.

Christmas Eve. I worked 6-10:30, an easy shift albeit insane. Ams came into town and rode with me to New Carlisle, and we shared some great heart-to-hearts. Lunch and dinner went well. Cate said I was annoying and walked off, haha. I got some books on postmillennialism from Grandma & Grandpa, and we all did our personality quiz: I'm an INFP. A pretty rare personality type, with awkwardness and apathy regarding daily life as key facets. Mom, Dad, Ams & I got bac to the house around 9:00 and had our family Christmas, during which I enjoyed the last of my Great Lakes Christmas Ale (everywhere's sold out). Everyone loved the gifts I got them, but not nearly as much as I loved mine: a Dell Inspiron 1012 netbook. Ah! A dream come true! I knew I was getting it, but still: I'm pumped.

Christmas. More snow overnight. I slept in till 9:00 and headed straight down to Kentucky. I hung out at Uncle Bill & Aunt Teri's for a couple hours before going to Jared's new condo. It's nice. He got a good deal on it. Bill cooked beef wellington for dinner: an excellent meal. We played some games, opened presents, and Ams & I headed out. I dropped her off at her apartment in Price Hill and continued on my way through a nasty snowstorm. 

Sunday. Dewenter came over this morning. We went shopping at the Mall and fixed turkey burgers for lunch, drank a beer cache, and played Mario-Kart. I worked 3-11:00. Ugh, no fun. We were swamped. Once we closed, Megan, Leah & I went to Cadillac Jack's after work. I had a 22 ounce Sam Adams Winter Lager and got decently buzzed. Leah's cool, fun, and cute, and I tried not to flirt with her but apparently I failed. As Megan and I walked to our car, she said, "You dig her!" I told her not to tell anyone. "Your eyes told it all," she quipped. Damn it.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...