Tuesday, May 17, 2011

cincinnati trip


Dylan and I went down to Cincinnati yesterday, his "going away party" of sorts with our friends down there. We arrived at Mandy's around 3:00 and hung out with Amos, Mandy, Rob, and Amanda for a good long while. Even Isaac swung by. So much laughter, so many memories, lots of great moments, too many to count. Both of us had a fantastic time, and we polished it off with brewery nachos and barbecue pizza at Rock Bottom Brewery, our favorite downtown restaurant, located right on Fountain Square. All in all it was a great night, and I'm coming to see more each day how much I'll miss Dylan once he leaves. Less than two weeks now. Oh, I'll be seeing him a lot during that time (he's having his official going-away party this Saturday, sure to be a good time; I'm bringing my bourbon and we're going to take a going-away shot, toasting him for his travels and work in Mozambique). He'll be keeping an online journal, www.dylanyosick.com. I'll be visiting it nearly every day, I'm sure, to keep up with his experiences, adventures, and challenges in Africa. Please do the same if you love him even a small fraction as much as I do.

2 comments:

Blake said...

Man, I'm so sad that I missed you guys this visit. But you all were cracking me up with some of those texts. Zeus words.

darker than silence said...

hahaha i wish i still had those, but i accidentally deleted them :(

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...