Sunday, May 08, 2011

mother's day

I'm not an awful son: I got my mom a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a mother's day card. Of course, I gave her everything yesterday; 'cause the best bouquets go up in price on actual Mother's Day. We didn't really do much for Mother's Day; she slept through most of it, actually. I think we're celebrating tomorrow? Anyways, I went to work for some espresso, and then Carly couldn't show up, so I went and worked an hour amidst the craziness of Jess trying to get the store together. Right after my "pansy shift"--which really couldn't even be considered a shift, just me jumping on bar for a little while--I nabbed some China Cottage with Patrick and Tyler, followed by sitting on my front porch smoking cigarettes, then playing some Wii. Rob and Mandy were at Rob's mom's house, and they picked me up on their way back home and on the drive down to Cincinnati, Mandy took the fantastic picture seen in this post. I've spent the evening here at The Claypole House, hanging out with lots of people I haven't seen in a while. Blake, Mandy, Rob, Amos, Amanda, even Gambill came around. Someone made a delicious dinner (broiled chicken and an Italian mushroom/provolone pasta), and we sat out on the front porch smoking cigarettes and drinking beer and sharing much laughter. Definitely a good, relaxing day. And I got a lot of thinking and decision-making done. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...