Monday, May 09, 2011

mother's day (II)


Upon waking up this morning, I found myself clutching a wonderful cup of French-pressed Rwandan (sorry for the confusion Tyler: I didn't actually press a native from Rwanda). A delightfully mild roast whose surprising taste surprisingly lingered. Thanks to Mandy for pressing the coffee: Blake, Amos and I were quite pleased. Back home I got some chores down around the house and even got to see Dylan for a bit. His going-away party is coming up, and I'm going to sneak him some bourbon for top-secret shots; and later this week I'm taking him out to Gyro Palace so that we can dine one last time. He leaves in three weeks, and the realization of it still hasn't hit me. I'm sure when it does, I'll find myself so discombobulated that I won't know how to function. This evening we celebrated Mother-Boy with a surprisingly speedy dinner at The Olive Garden. It was good to have the whole family together for an old tradition. These family dinners hardly happen anymore, with everyone being so busy all the time. Behold my entree: Seafood Portafino. Mussels, scallops, shrimp, and mushrooms thrown over noodles with a wine-butter sauce. Not fantastic for the waistline but indubitably so for the taste buds. 

3 comments:

Blake said...

Nice reference to Mother Boy.

Anonymous said...

"It was good to have the whole family together for an old tradition."

yeah as you left right after you finished eating before the check came haha

-ams

darker than silence said...

I had things to see and people to do.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...