Monday, May 23, 2011

the dayton days [69]

Amos' tattoo and Blake
Monday. Sky had nightmares all night, so I crawled down beside her with my blanket and pillow and she curled up next to me and slept like a baby the rest of the night. So precious. I  opened with J.J. Dylan and I went down to Cincinnati, and we crowded the upstairs at Claypole with Mandy, Amos, and Ams. We got Rock Bottom for dinner: Dylan and I split the nachos and barbecue pizza. Gambill joined us after work and then we headed back to Claypole and hung out late into the night, didn't get home till about 1 AM.

Tuesday. I opened with Jessica: we hit 53 transactions per hour in DT, a new record. I was a speed bar, of course. Jess and I got off at the same time and ran some errands: Hobby Lobby, Toys-R-Us, and we went by Pep Boys and I picked up my new radiator. She dropped me off at home, and I spent the evening writing before a late-night visit with Carly at the 'Bux. "Jess is driving me crazy," she said. "One day she's like, 'Anthony's calling me too much,' and the next day she's all put off because you didn't try to talk to her."

Wednesday. I worked 5:30-2:00. I overslept and barely made it to work. Jess and I hung out on the patio after work, and Carly went on break and ran to the store and returned bearing gifts of hummus. The three of us sat out on the patio eating, and Abby joined us, too. "You look hot today," Carly said; "And I can say that because I'm your friend." The rest of the day was spent in the garage with Dad, installing the new radiator. Hopefully now the Celica will run like a gem! No more smoking engine is definitely a plus.

Thursday. I worked 5:30-2:00 with a great crew. Jessica and I were supposed to hang out, but I couldn't get a hold of her. So I shrugged my shoulders and jetted down to Cincinnati to hang out with Mandy and Blake. Mandy told me everyone was amazed at the chemistry Jess and I had together: "It was so thick it could be cut with a knife!" We ran some errands and grabbed Skyline for lunch. Matt G. came over with some of his weird friends so I left. 

Friday. I had a doctor's appointment at 8:15. Diagnosis: bronchitis. Not fun. The nurse prophesied over me, told me God would make sure I ended up preaching. These prophecies come-and-go, it's kinda haunting. I went by work for an iced soy mocha, spent the afternoon working on "Reframing Repentance." Jess called me, said she was in town for a bit, so we met up on the patio at work. I headed down to Cincinnati when we parted ways, hung out upstairs with Mandy, Ams, and Amos. Isaac joined us, and Ryan, too, their gay friend from Tazza Mia. Rob grilled out and I smoked cigarettes with TJ and Gambill. 

Judgment Day. This bronchitis is killing me. I worked a short 11-3:00 shift. Jess had a baby shower to go to and changed into a dress. I walked her to her car. "How do I look?" she said. "You look good," I said. Fucking HOT is more like it. We smoked cigarettes at our cars, and then I went to Dylan's Going Away Party. I had some food and a beer and then drove home and enjoyed some fruit from Afghanistan and went on a late-night drive with the world turned sepia.

Sunday. Mom & I got China Cottage for lunch. Jess told me to meet up with her at 3:00 and we went to the Miamisburg Spring Fling to visit her friend Mary who had a booth set up. On the way back Jess said she hates her belly and wants to tone it up. Ridiculous! It's adorable. We have a work camp outing coming up, and she said, "If you don't want to sleep in a tent, you can just sleep in my bed." Ha. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...