Sunday, May 22, 2011

weekend re:cap

I spent most of the weekend in Cincinnati. Now that my car's (for the most part) fixed, I feel more comfortable driving long distances. Thursday night I hung out with Mandy and Amos, and Mandy and I ran some errands and I thought she was going to kill is. "This is how I always drive," she said. As if that makes her driving justifiable? We made it back to the Claypole House alive, and I headed home. Friday I went back down, spent the evening hanging out on the front porch with Rob, Amos, Blake, TJ, and Hartman, smoking pipes and cigarettes and drinking beer. Rob grilled out some hot dogs and the night ended with twilight coming and going and us all hanging out in the dead of night. Lots of us went out to the Hookah Bar in Clifton, but I stayed behind to hang out with Gambill, Mandy, and Ams a little bit longer. Definitely a good night, during which my bronchitis hit its peak (I'm doing much better now). Here's a picture I took of our "The Classics" club (privileged members include me, Blake, and Amos).
I had the house all to myself last night after Dylan's going-away party, and it got pretty wild. I cranked up Florence and the Machine and pretend-played guitar while singing at the top of my lungs (quite painful with bronchitis, to be honest); then I threw in some Kesha and started fist-pumping, and then a rave song came on and I ended up on all fours (as always happens when I go to a rave, strangely enough). I felt like such a kid, like such a fool, while doing it, but it was weirdly liberating. I could just go crazy, let the beast out ("Howl" was a favorite tract). I've spent the morning just relaxing, listening to Led Zeppelin and doing some writing, ran by work and shared a cigarette with Jessica, and now Mom and I are going out to lunch together. A mom-son date. Probably getting Chinese somewhere; my bet is China Garden, but I want to do something close to the Mall because I've got to run errands afterwards. This is way too boring for me to be writing. Damn it. 

1 comment:

Blake said...

Classic. That's what we are.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...