Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I know I promised two more "spiritual" posts--specifically, one on "biblical repentance" and another on the Eternal Security issue. However, I forgot to bring my notes with me to good ol' Kentucky, so I won't have them up until Friday and Saturday, respectively. My sincerest apologies.
    Monday evening I ran into Mike Box as Trista, Monica and I were hanging out in the coffee shop lounge. We sat down and talked a little bit about nothing too grand or exciting, nothing worth writing down. He did confirm my suspicions, however, that my relationship with Sonja is not illegal: the laws in Kentucky are different than the laws in Ohio. So if anyone is creeped out by the fact that it's "illegal," well, get over it, because it's not.
      Behind Mike Box stood Professor Dyke, my favorite teacher at Cincinnati Bible College. He's a crazy old man with a wily sense of humor, who has as many good jokes as he has bad jokes (but since I have a very... broad... sense of humor, I find all his jokes hilarious). He's the kind of guy who would fit in well throwing back some Irish Cream with a smoking cigar between his fingers. His thoughts on the Old Testament have "opened my eyes" to the role the Old Testament plays in the Christian faith, and I've found that I find the Old Testament far more intriguing than the New (partly because of his class and partly because I've loved ancient history to begin with).Don't get me wrong: in no way did I "bash" the New Testament. I love it! I just think we need to understand that there is no discontinuity between the two; both speak to one another and compliment one another beautifully. The OId Testament, as well as the New, is our story.
        I have a good idea for another zombie book. The odd thing is, I don't think I'll even have a scene with a zombie in it. It sounds terrific, though, in my head. I haven't written fiction in so long it hurts!

        2 comments:

        Mike said...

        Great, so now i am the expert in the legality of dating a minor....all i said was that the age of consent is different in different states...that being said, you should have nothing to worry about considering your biblical perspective of a Godly dating relationship.
        Thanks for the opportunity to clear my name, i certainly don't wanna be the creepy guy.

        Anonymous said...

        Haha.

        Told you I'm good for finding you a place in the sphere of blog-dom.

        - Anth

        where we're headed

        Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...