Thursday, August 24, 2006

Life on campus has resumed...

Classes started yesterday. My classes include Old Testament Prophets, Hermeneutics ("The Art of Biblical Interpretation"), Basic Bible Doctrines, Advanced Communication, and Multi-Cultural Literature. I'm only truly looking forward to two classes: prophecy and B.B.D. The rest I have to take to graduate (though their importance I know very well). I have friends in all my classes, which is nice. In one class of thirty I'm good friends with 2/3 of the people. Everyone is in it. Score.

I've been working like a banshee. I worked six hours Tuesday, two hours Wednesday morning and two and a half hours Wednesday night (Amos needed help), then two hours so far today (Dustin needed help), and tonight I have adopted Cassie's 9:30-12:30 shift because she really needs some time off. Besides, I have nothing else to do and wish to get better at making the drinks. It's a really enjoyable job, and I get to work with coffee. I never thought I'd call myself a "barista," but here I am, in-fleshed.

It's so hard learning all the drinks, though, how to make them and such. I've got caramel macchiatos down, though.

Here's a hilarious re:make preview of Charlton Heston's "The Ten Commandments." This is called "The Ten Things I Hate About Commandments," and because of a foul word near the end (uttered by Samuel L. Jackson, who plays the voice of God), I don't want any of the kids I teach watching it. But you can watch it HERE.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Your website is dark again!

Is it because school has started, and is it symbolic for how you feel about that?

darker than silence said...

Hah, I just wanted a change.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...