Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sonja came up and met the family yesterday. As we drove north on I-75, driving across the bridge, I asked her, "Are you nervous?" She nodded. "Yeah. Really nervous." "Don't be nervous," I said. "Really. They'll like you." She was able to hide her nervousness well when she met my little sister and my parents. She said, "I really like your family." Mom and Dad think she's amazing, which is good news. Ams and I sat at Starbucks, and I said, "I really like this girl." "Me, too," she said. "She's so pretty. I'm surprised." I gave her a cock-eyed stare. "Ummm... thanks?" She explained, "That's not what I meant. I mean, I expected you to find a pretty girl, but not... that pretty." I'm a lucky guy, what can I say? Sonja and I ate Chinese with Amanda and her "boyfriend" Matt, then we went to the Dollar Store to find frames for two pictures Sonja drew me (she's a good artist). We relaxed at my place before going to Starbucks for some delicious coffee (she, like me, is addicted to coffee).

Here she is sitting in the chair in my room (I still can't get over how beautiful she is!):





I apologize for a lack of "spiritual" posts lately. I've just been so busy, especially with my Old Testament Poetry projects (which I am going to knock out today, since they're all due by midnight tonight!). I have a nice post on repentance that I have yet to type up, an examination of how repentance is viewed in both the Old and New Testaments. Pretty interesting stuff, if you ask me.

2 comments:

Mike said...

No apologies necessary, bro. but i am anxiously anticipating your perspective on "once saved, always saved." you commented about it and never really expanded the thought...no biggie, i do that all the time. remember my post on fundamentalism? i said that i would cover other Christian perspectives but still have not got to it.

By the way, Sonja is very pretty. But I am sure that is not all that holds your attention. Being the intellectual that you are, i am sure she is quite capable of carrying on meaningful conversation as well.

darker than silence said...

The post on "once saved, always saved" will be up shortly, probably Tuesday-Wednesday (I have several "spiritual" posts ready to throw up day-by-day, this being one of them).

Sonja is amazing. She's so fun to talk to and hang out with, and, yes, she can carry on good conversation :)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...