Tuesday, August 22, 2006

So much has happened in the past couple days, all of it (in some way) good. We start classes tomorrow; I have my two least exciting classes (multi-cultural literature and advanced communication) following a bout of work in the morning. My funds have not come in yet to cover for this school year, so I can't buy any of my textbooks from the bookstore. I'll only have $300 to spend on books this year, but people are telling me that the prices are extreme; Rob's books cost him around $550. Obviously I'm going to have to be selective in the books that I buy.

I trained for my barista job from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. It went well, especially since everyone is a friend of mine. All the people working with me have been mentioned in stories throughout the past year of my blog entries: Amos, Cooper, Nate, Caleb, Monica, Lizzie, Andrew, Trista, Kyle, Becca, Cassie, Cory, Rob. I work with Trista tomorrow morning. It's going to be quite the exciting job, I think. I've always wanted to work in a coffee shop surrounded by friends, and look where I am now!

On a sadder note, I broke up with Sonja last night, for two reasons. First, I felt God telling me, "This isn't where I want you to be right now." Honestly, I went into this relationship for several reasons, one of them being because I wanted a girlfriend and she was willing to be mine. Yes, I do have feelings for this girl, and yes, I do like this girl, but at times we must do that which is difficult when we know it is the right move to make. I made this decision for a second reason, too: she told me, rather bluntly, "I've lost my feelings for you." It hasn't hurt me all that much; to be honest, I've become rather cynical in regards to relationships (a stoic of sorts).

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Anthony
I hope you don't stay cynical The right person is out there for you
Rejection is painful..I know Focus on your friendships...true friends will help you through this

Dylan said...

Hey man I am going through the same thing you are except it was a year we dated. We are on great terms and its only God looking out for us. There is probably a future with us but we never know. Sometimes God has to bring us to our knees to raise us up. I feel the more independant I get the more I invest in other friendships that I lost during that time. Sometimes I think that I made a huge sacrifice and that I am more Holy because of it but when I think about it, God was just plainly looking out for me, I couldnt see where things were going with us but He could. You could apply this to you and sonja also. God was just saving us from a more painful hurt we could have experienced. Im just exstatic that God is in control not me. Sometimes we have to let go and know that God is in even the smallest details. He has one person, one right time, and one amazing relationship in store for us. I have hope man. You should too. Just wait for God, He will come through, always faithful...Love you man.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...