Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm sorry I haven't been on-the-ball with the posts. Once the craziness of the beginning of the semester fizzles out, I'm sure my posting will become quite regular again.

It's been great spending time with all the friends I left behind three months ago: Caleb, Rob, Forest, Alex, Monica, Trista, Heather, Lizzie, Kyle... We've been hanging out a lot, muling around the coffee shop and catching up on how our lives are going. Everyone is excited to hear that I have a girlfriend. I don't even mention her, but somehow they've all found out. I guess it is a small Christian campus, so people will find out if you've merely sneezed. I shouldn't be surprised.

I had the flu for about a day and a half, but I'm thankful that I've gotten over it. On Saturday I went down to South Fork to visit Brian and Sonja at a pool party for the youth group. We all swam and played volleyball and made fun of one another. It was amazing. On Sunday the church had their annual picnic at Big Bone Lick, which was rather exciting. Sonja was really tired, though, so we didn't get to spend much time together. She started school today; she's a junior. I'm looking forward to calling her tonight and seeing how it went.

On a more aggravating note, something went wrong with my school funds and I'm negative three thousand dollars on my school account. Basically this means that I shouldn't be here. I can't eat off my meal plan, I can't buy my books, I can't even go to class legally. We're trying to straighten this out, but in the meantime I'm very hungry, and I'm getting tired of eating fast food. I'm tempted to go someplace nice for lunch, but I really should try not to.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...