Monday, December 11, 2006

Caleb and I walked beside the Ohio River last night, smoking some expensive cigars, celebrating the coming of the New Year. We ate at Rocket's Burgers, paroused Barnes & Nobles, and discussed biblical concepts and ideas. We exchanged Christmas gifts; he bought me new jeans, a new sweater, a new belt, and new shoes. I tried it on, and he said, "You're looking quite snazzy. Let's wear it to lunch tomorrow and see how many comments you get."

This week is going to be incredibly easy school-wise. I have tomorrow off of work and finals; on Tuesday I have one final at 8:00 and then I'm done with school and work; on Wednesday I have one final at 10:00 and then I'm done with school and finals; on Thursday I have one final at 10:00, work at 3:30, and at 6:30 or 7:00 I'll be on my way home for break!

One of my friends is going through the same kinds of trials I am, and he wrote these words in a beautiful acoustic song:

"He wants to know what went wrong. He's thinking God told him this was right, an answer to his prayers for love, and gone before the evening turned to night." (Broken People)


And these words of David inspire me in these difficult times:

"If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says GOD, "I'll get you out of trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know me and trust me. Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!" (Psalm 91.14-16)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am wondering if you are trying too hard? Maybe you should try to stay busy and let that someone special come into your life. I am trying to understand God's plan for my life also. It is hard to even start understanding God but he is all knowing and all powerful! He is so in control!
It makes me sad that you left your church. I hope you can find one that gives you the fellowship and sermons that you need.

I will pray for you! One day you will look at your wife and many children and say to yourself "why did I let that worry get in the way." You will find that special one. Pray for her now and wait for her.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...