Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's 1:20 a.m., and I should honestly be in bed, because Caleb and I are going shopping tomorrow to get me some new clothes. I have spent the last two hours writing what I feel to be an amazing, intense poem. However, because of the circumstances, I'm not going to post it. If you wish to read the poem, just email me at ajbarnhart@yahoo.com.

I had some really good talks with Dylan last night after the 3rd Place Gift Exchange. He made me think through some things, and he gave me room to vent. I talked to Trista online for about an hour last night. We talked about all sorts of things. I cuddled with Doogie beside the fireplace (no matter what's going on, he's there for me; and, no, this is none of that Lev 18 crap).

I find myself at a crossroads in my life. It's really not that pleasant. It's not so much a crossroads in the physical realm or the spiritual realm, but a crossroads in the romantic realm. I am faced with two different paths, each marked with their own obstacles. Which one will I choose?

I am gaining weight because of depakote. It's a sad story. I guess I'll really have to do the whole organic-dieting thing, fueled by desperation.

Some biblical texts that have really been inspiring me lately are Hosea 13-14 and Joel 2. Check them out. Study them. Meditate upon them. Live them. They're very convicting, heart-wrenching, yet inspiring and hopeful. It makes you see that no matter how severe God's wrath/justice/discipline or judgment is, His grace, mercy, forgiveness, and love is so much greater.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...