Thursday, December 28, 2006

Since Jessica was sick and Mom did not need the car, I drove to her place on Wednesday to keep her company. We watched some episodes of "The Office" as well as "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" (one of her favorite movies). I met her brother Zac, her golden retriever Dude, and her parents seem pretty cool. The family and I went out to eat at a hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant. She lives in Liberty, Indiana, a little over an hour from Springboro, and the town is greatly different. It's a small town where everyone knows everybody. The Smith's knew everyone who came into the restaurant and knew the waters and waitresses by name. Her father seemed to like me, which is always a good thing. Some of you are wondering, perhaps, what is up between me and Jessica. So let me put it bluntly: we like each other and want to date. However, we are praying about this and seeing if God wants us together, if He does not want us together, or if He even cares about whether or not we are together. Katy said, "As long as you guys keep God at the center and please Him in your relationship, God will be pleased with your guys' dating." So we'll see what happens.

Today Caleb is coming up to spend the day with me. I have no idea what we're going to do. It'll be good to just sit down and chat with him about things. He's a very empathetic, understanding man. When he graduates Cincinnati Christian University, he is going to become an officer with the U.S. Army (you need a college degree to be an officer). He is going to be an amazing officer. He says, "I'm not going to be a jerk, but I'm not going to be a softy. My mission is simple: to take care of my men as best I can and to get the job done."

Tomorrow Jessica is coming up to see my town. She is going to meet my little sister, Mom, and my Dad. I told her she has nothing to worry about. None of them are imposing at all. She'll feel absolutely comfortable (I hope). I don't really know what we'll do. Probably just watch television, maybe a movie, go for a walk down at North Park if the weather's nice, and just talk. She's very fun to talk to. She is brilliant, though she doesn't let it on. She's weird and crazy, too. I told Amos, "Jessica and I might end up dating." He said, "She's a cool girl. A little weird, in a good way. But that's what guys like you and me need. Weird girls. Because we're weird guys." "Yeah. Your girlfriend Rebecca is weird, too. If we date, we can go on double-dates. All the randomness, weirdness, and awkwardness would make for one heckuva good time."

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...