Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Katy brought her five year-old sister to school yesterday. As we sat down in Student Life (she studying for O.T. History and me studying for O.T. Prophecy), her little sister mingled with some students playing cards. She started talking about cats; someone asked her, “How many cats do you have?” She turned to Katy and asked, “Katy, how many cats do we have?” “We have four, Olivia,” Katy said. She then turned to me and said in a whisper, “I should have told her we had five cats, because one got ran over by a car but we haven’t told her yet.” Hah.

I spent most of the day studying for my Elijah paper down in Kyle’s room. He went off to basketball practice, so I visited Trista, Kayla, Monica, Shawnee, and Caleb in the coffee shop. Trista and I played a game of Mancala. She called it “Man-say-la.” As she took the game from Caleb, who was working the bar, the game slid out of the box, hit the ground, and 40 marbles bounced in every direction throughout the coffee shop. Rob and I helped her scoop them up, and then I beat her 2-1. Eventually I found myself in the coffee shop, wrote my paper on Elijah, and now I sit here having just printed it off, talking with Kyle and Katy online, very thankful to have the paper done (though it is a really good paper).

I saw Julie today. She was wearing one of the shirts we wore on a date once. A little something flickered within my heart, but then it sputtered out. I told Trista, “I am thinking I’m seriously almost over her this time. Even the thought of her being with one of my best friends doesn’t even bother me like it used to. I’m just like, ‘Eh, whatever.’ I’m beginning to be perfectly fine with where I am.” “So you don’t like her anymore?” “No, I still do. But it’s a lot less than it has been. My affections for her—romantic-wise—are dying more and more with each passing day. My eyes are beginning to open to the other fish in the sea.”

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...