Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Despite the intense cold, it really is beautiful. I went to C.V.S. yesterday with Emily, and I bought a pair of cheap gloves and a hat to wear over my head. Lizzie cut my hair yesterday, so it’s short again. I get it cut just about every nine months, then let it grow back and cut it again. Everyone seems to think it looks good. I have been sleeping a lot this week: a two hour nap yesterday, a three hour nap today. My medicine makes me more sleepy than usual. It’s difficult to get up in the mornings. I’ve been slaving at projects, too. I finished one project Sunday night, I have one to do this evening around 8:30, and on Wednesday I have yet another 10-page paper to write. Over the weekend I have a paper on Elijah to pull together. It should be relatively easy and exciting.

The Festival of Lights is this Friday. Last year I went with Ashley Ryan. Exactly a year ago—literally, “to the date”—she broke my heart. I couldn’t imagine how God could be working in that situation. I thought all hope was lost. Now I realize He knew what He was doing, and I realize that it is good that I am not with her. I am doing much better in dealing with the whole Julie ordeal, but a small part of me wishes I were going to the Festival of Lights with her (we talked about going when we were together). However, I will most likely be lounging around at home doing not much of anything. I’m fine with that, though. Really. I am doing much better, and I want people to know that.

Those things that bothered me so much three weeks ago have become mere memories. It is scary to think that I was so bothered by them. I know now that my condition exacerbated them to great trials. Now I forget about them until someone says something, and even then it doesn’t really faze me. It is amazing how much the medicine has been helping. I literally feel like a “new man” and clarity is beginning to come into my life, clarity regarding lots of issues I’ve been struggling with.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...