Friday, September 17, 2010

coffee of the week: anniversary blend

My P.D.P. (Partner Development Plan) at work is basically an analysis of all our different whole beans. Taste, texture, history, pairings, experiences of which drinking the select whole bean would be conducive to making exponentially more enjoyable. Essentially looking at, as I told Tony, "the nature of the bean itself." This week's was our Anniversary Blend, a seasonal blend that comes out every September and lasts (I believe) through the end of November (or Thanksgiving), at which point we get our Christmas Blend on the shelves. I'm not a big fan of bold coffees, but Anniversary Blend is admittedly pretty good. It's the spiciest coffee I've ever had, with light citrus undertones, a heavy body, and a lingering taste on the palate. It's special in the sense that it's an Asian/Pacific coffee (Sumatran, to be exact) that is aged 3-5 years. It's great with our pumpkin selections--our pumpkin scones and our pumpkin loaves, to be exact--and it's the coffee I prefer to drink when sitting on the front porch watching the leaves falling from the trees and enjoying my evening cigarette. I've got two pounds of it sitting in my room but am saving them for winter, when the whole bean won't be available in stores (I'm not going to sell it; I'm just going to use it for myself, getting a fix for my cravings when the store can't help me out). This is the perfect whole bean for anything autumn related--fire pits and fireplaces, thanksgiving dinners and football cookouts, waking up in the chilled morning and even (for us addicts) watching the blood-red autumn sunset.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...