Monday, September 20, 2010

the dayton days (34)

Monday. Autumn has officially arrived! It's getting steadily colder and the leaves are changing colors and soon there will be gourds and pumpkins with which I will adorn my room. Also, colder weather means the return of the doppio con panna (the iced espresso has been getting old). I worked 6:30-3:00 with Wade, J.J., Carly, Tony, & Asenath. I spent my afternoon hanging out with Ams: we played Wii, smoked cigarettes, drank some beer, talked. She's not happy with Chris; I guess they're back together again? Dylan and Tyler came over, and I told them my hesitations with Clare. Tyler said, "You and I, we're afraid of commitment." 

Tuesday. I slept in till about 8:00, worked out, did laundry, had cereal for breakfast. I went to Starbucks and worked on taking notes from N.T. Wright's "Justification." So excited about 8 more of his books coming to me in the mail soon! I hung out with Ams for a bit before she headed back down to Cincinnati. At 4:30 I met Clare at China Cottage. We went and got pumpkins for her store and then went to a park in Franklin and climbed trees. I got home around 8:00. Kyle & Vicki are engaged, and I'm going to be in his wedding. I called Jessie in Illinois, talked with her about my concerns with Clare: simply put, things aren't working out. I leave a trail of wounded hearts in my wake.

Wednesday. I worked 5:30-1:00 with good folk. Mom had some girls over for dinner and games: Mariah and Katie. I hung out with them for a while and then went to Starbucks to do some writing.

Thursday. I called things off with Clare today. I worked 1-9:30, gave Sarah a call. She got a job at the Piano Bar in Newport. Ams came to town, another doctor's appointment, and we played Mario-Kart.

Friday. I worked 6-1:00, ran home for a quick lunch, and then returned to work for my PDP (Partner Development Plan). I'm doing analyses of our whole bean, figuring out ways to market them in the store. I chilled at home and dreamt of Alaska, but those are dangerous and naive dreams. Clare's pretty hurt about how things went down, I don't blame her. I thank God she didn't "go crazy" like Genna, or simply ignore me like Faith. I know I hurt her, but she was (it seems) understanding. She didn't threaten to slit her wrists like Genna, so that's a plus. 

Saturday. I enjoyed the cold morning with some coffee and a cigarette. I spent the day reading and writing, picked up an IPOD charger at Best Buy (lost mine), and napped till about 4:00. Dewenter came over for a bit on his moped. I worked 6-11:00 for Audree, and my arms are SO SORE from working out. I got Ams' LG Chocolate Phone. It's pretty nice.

Sunday. I went to the Rt 48 Starbucks and read for a bit. Mom & Dad went to a Barnhart Family Reunion in New Carlisle. Pat D. came over before going over to his grandpa's house, who lives where the Southards used to (still do?) live. I went to I.G.A. for some frozen fish filets and spent the evening lounging around. 

Not an exciting week.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...