Sunday, September 19, 2010

another week begins


The picture above was taken from my new phone. It was actually my little sister's old phone, but she upgraded and gave me hers. That's where I spend most of my time. It's where I read, where I think, where I watch the sunset while listening to my IPOD. It's where me and my friends smoke our cigarettes and drink our beers late into the night. It's where I sit every morning before work with my VIA instant coffee in one hand and my morning cigarette in the other. *sigh* I'll miss that porch. There are so many good memories there. Of course, I won't miss it for a while--because I'll be living here for quite some time longer, I fear. Mom called me a roommate today, which was kinda weird. But they do sorta treat me like one. They stay outta my business, let me do my own thing, acknowledge that I'm an adult--albeit a poor adult--and let me make my own life.

It's 9:00 at night and I'm about to go to bed because I have to be at work at 5:30 tomorrow morning. It should be a pretty easy week. I think I have Wednesday off? Or maybe Thursday. Hell, I don't know. This week should be pretty good, though. I've bought all my groceries: fish fillets, eggs, bread. Yep, that's it. I'm hoping to lose three pounds this week. I should be able to. I'd LOVE to be at 135 by Thanksgiving. Of course, by the end of Thanksgiving I'll have gained it all back--but that's what Thanksgiving is all about, at least in my family, so it's expected. There'd be something wrong if I didn't gorge myself for once. Most people probably think I eat a lot all the time. I actually don't eat a whole lot. At work I'm known as one of the Snackers (a select few of us who snack on marked-out pastries throughout our shifts), and some people have asked how I don't gain weight. It's easy: while I may snack a lot at work, I rarely snack here at home. I usually eat dinner around 5-6:00 and that's it till the next morning. Anyways, good night.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...