Wednesday, September 22, 2010

the first day of autumn

It's the first day of Autumn and about 80 degrees. Next week it should be cooler, though, and I'm looking forward to that. I'll also have TWO DAYS OFF in a row, which is a pretty big deal. Mandy and Tony are visiting Jessie in Illinois this weekend and I probably won't be able to go because I have to work, which sucks. It's not that work sucks, but it's not being able to hang out with them for two days that sucks. Moving away from Cincinnati was a good decision for a multitude of reasons; yet the thing I miss most about Cincinnati is the people there. Such a great group of friends, friends who stuck closer than brothers; and I miss all the laughter, the great conversations, the random adventures. And, suddenly, I miss bubble tea. *sigh* The worst part is that even on my days off, I can't go visit, because my car won't survive the highway (it barely stays alive when I drive it to and from work). I would borrow Mom's car, but she hates my car and wouldn't want to drive it with all its problems while I would be down in Cincinnati. All of this is just overwhelming: the car troubles, the bill payments, the inability to spend time with great friends. I feel like I'm imprisoned in Centerville, Ohio, looking out at a world just out of reach but unable to be grasped.

I'm going to stop writing about all that before I get depressed. So instead I'll recount my day: I woke up, had coffee, ran to the bank, had Subway for breakfast/lunch (brunch?) and watched TV. Then I did some work on my book on repentance and then went to the gym and I just showered and now I think I'm going to go to the cafe and do some reading with some iced espresso. I wish I could wear my jeans and cowboy boots today, but it's too darn hot. I work tomorrow 6:30-3:00; then Friday 1-9:30; then Sunday 3-11:00 (which is why I can't go to Illinois!); and then I have Monday and Tuesday off. And I'm going to try and visit some people in Cincinnati on Monday, if Mom will let me borrow her car. Fingers crossed.

Dear Autumn, please come soon. K thanks.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...