Saturday, September 25, 2010

China Cottage & Cincinnati

Patrick and I participated in our (usually) weekly ritual: Chinese at China Cottage! As you can see, I am very excited:



This afternoon I met up with my friend Carly to talk about a "house church" we're starting, along with others, in Cincinnati. It's close to the Gas Light District and right on U.C. There are some hurdles that may need to be leaped, but we're both pretty excited about this. I always enjoy talking to Carly because she is more of a "feeler" than I am (if that's the right word) and I appreciate that about her. I miss when I could feel, in my spirit, certain things. A cold intellectualism has saturated my bones and though I am in the process of getting out of that (not the intellect, mind you, but the intellectualism), I'm still not where I want to be nor where I have been years before. The group in Cincinnati will mainly focus on discipleship, spiritual development, etc. with facilitated discussions and scripture readings, then probably hanging out afterwards at Sitwell's or Highlands or some of the other local cafes. It's officially starting in October, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...