Thursday, October 20, 2005

He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? - Micah 6:8 (ESV)
What is it that God wants from me? It's a question we ask a lot, whether we know it or not. Especially now, in college, that question is paramount. I can't avoid it. Here I am, training for a career in the service of God, and I often find myself lying in bed at night, thinking, "What does God want from me?" Finally I've found some scripture that just rings it home. God wants me to do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with Him.

He wants me to obey all of His just commands, from the smallest to the largest.

He wants me to love everyone no matter what, with a real and authentic love.

And He wants me to engage in an intimate, developing relationship with Him, where I become like His Son.

This is what God wants from me, and it's what He wants from you. All the 'special' stuff we do, I believe, comes secondary to this. This is the core of what it means to be a child of God. Do justice. Love kindness. And walk humbly with the King.

2 comments:

Dylan said...

Wise words dude. Dont forget how inspiring your posts are.

Unknown said...

Amen brother. When are you coming to see me?? This weekend?

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...