Friday, October 14, 2005


My romantic tragedy is complete! I am quite the happy camper. It's not one of my more moving and exciting books, I'll be honest. It's pretty much the most depressing book you'll ever read (if you read it). For the past month or so I've been scribbling it out on paper and laptop, and four hours ago I completely changed the ending and skipped two classes to finish it. It's beautiful, isn't it?

I've always wanted to write something that didn't have to do with war and bloodshed. I wanted to write something that wasn't horror and suspense, either. If I had to classify this as something, it would be drama. The book format is actually a kid's journal, so you see lots of the wiring of his mind, the flow and fluctuation of his emotions, and he takes you into his conversations and relationships. I think the characterization works well, too.

Needless to say, I'm happy. I think it's a wonderful book, though it won't leave you jumping for joy. My goal is to leave the reader... uneasy. If you're into romances, you might want to check this one out. I'm thankful it's over, though. It was making me depressed for the last week.

Mom. Dad. I didn't really skip classes.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...