Sunday, October 23, 2005

My heart breaks for a friend who has lost everything, everything he has known, everything he tried to hold onto, everything that made him happy. He has come to know firsthand the fear that haunts my dreams: not of never having a beauty with whom to share life, but having the beauty and having her taken... And falling into the arms of others. I can't fathom the pain he goes through even now. His life is underscored with tears, and it is my prayer that he runs into the arms and kisses of God, not so things get better, but because that is better. My prayer becomes, "May he know the joy of the King... May his mourning turn into laughter and singing."

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...