Monday, October 10, 2005

Kudos to a great friend who, knowing my struggles, helps me out in my dark times. We all need friends like this guy, and I am thankful to be one of his! He showed me this quote and it just spoke to me in so many different ways.

[N]o one warns young people to follow Adam's example. He waited till God saw his need. Then God made Adam sleep, prepared for his mate, and brought her to him. We need more of this 'being asleep' in the will of God. Then we can receive what He brings us in His own time, if at all. Instead we are set as bloodhounds after a partner, considering everyone we see until our minds are so concerned with the sex problem that we can talk of nothing else when bull-session time comes around. It is true that a fellow cannot ignore women-but he can think of them as he ought-as sisters, not as sparring partners!

God spoke to me yesterday through Roger's sermon. It feels like God is telling me, "You know I have a beautiful, smart, and wonderful girl for you. But as long as you make girls the center of your life, I am not going to let you have her. Make ME the center of your life. Once you can do this, and do it without pretense, then I will bless you with the girl you've always so strongly desired (and she so strongly desires you!). I don't do this to be mean. I do this, simply, because I love you. I really, really, like you."

2 comments:

darker than silence said...

Haha. I just read the quote and it may sound like I'm struggling from an absence of sex. No, no, no... As I have mentioned many times, I am not so much interested in sex as a real, honest relationship. Besides, sex is best in marriage, right? So I'm saving it!

Just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. Peace.

Dylan said...

Hope the quote helped man. God definitely gave me that to give to you. Be patient. Its something we all could use a lesson in.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...