Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I find myself identifying with Paul:

This is my life work: helping people understand and respond to the Message. It came as a sheer gift to me, a real surprise, God handling all the details. When it came to presenting the Message to people who had no background in God's ways, I was the least qualified of any of the available Christians. God saw to it that I was equipped, but you can be sure that it had nothing to do with my natural abilities.

And so here I am, preaching and writing about things that are way over my head, the inexhaustible riches and generosity of Christ. My task is to bring out in the open and make plain what God, who created all this in the first place, has been doing in secret and behind the scenes all along. Through Christians like yourselves gathered in churches, this extraordinary plan of God is becoming known and talked about even among the angels!

The call to ministry runs in my blood, and I enjoy every minute of it. Every moment spent talking about the Message, either over the phone or online or in person, every moment spent writing about the Message, either on this blog or in essays or books, every moment spent teachings others the riches and beauty of the Kingdom of God, every moment of exploring and understanding the gospel in new ways is exciting and thrilling. God has made me for this.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the exact same way dude. I get incredibly excited to know i'm going to pastor a youth group someday.
Its gonna be real tough though, but I think i'm ready. By the way, when I come home do you want to go to a haunted trail or something with me and arron?

darker than silence said...

perhaps...

Adam said...

My prayer is that you keep your passion strong for ministry, even in the midst of tough times. Working in a church can be hard; even seemingly impossible at times. But in the end, it's worth it because God has called you to it.

Remember to allow ministry to flow out of your relationship with God and make your walk with Jesus the most important part of who you are. If you remain attached to the True Vine, you will bear much fruit! Apart from Jesus, we can do nothing. (John 15)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...