Monday, March 27, 2006

"Disaster strikes!" as I used to exclaim. On the way to bowling last night, we went through a back entrance that was under construction. We hit something--we think it was a speed bump--that broke the rusted gas line along the Jeep undercarriage. When we parked and got out, everyone started shouting at me. The stench was unimaginable. Seeing all the gasoline dripping out, I panicked and shouted, "Someone, get something to capture the gasoline before it runs away!" Everyone just stood watching me as I quickly rummaged through the Jeep, found a 16-ounce styrafoam Speedway cup, dove down onto the ground (into the gasoline) and thrusted the coffee cup underneath the leak. Not only did I cover myself with gasoline and ruin one pair of clothes (thankfully, crappy clothes), but the gasoline mingled with the styrafoam and created napalm. "You're such a moron!" my roommate exclaimed. "Do you realize that you just made napalm?" We had the Jeep towed and did not get back onto campus till around 1:00 late last night.

I have a feeling that today will not be a good day. I don't know why I have this feeling; it's a gut feeling that I've had ever since I woke up. I'm just praying, "GOD, make me able to bear whatever happens!" Thankfully, I don't have any homework. The plans for today are simple: hang out with friends (Ashley is in town) and maybe go to Newport tonight with Ashley and Monica. I have another gut feeling that it won't happen, though. Thankfully, I am able to see Ashley and Monica as friends alone. A few nights ago, I went to Newport with them again, and it felt weird knowing that I'd been attracted to both and been turned down. Oh well, that's how life goes.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

ugh probably not going to be a good day when your parents read this :(

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...