Tuesday, March 28, 2006

There are so many things which I want to change about myself. Here are some of the things I want to change in my life as I close out the first [amazing!] year of college:

1) Deepen my intimacy with GOD through the spiritual disciplines of prayer, meditation, fasting, and scripture reading.

2) Eat well - I want to eat organic like I used to. It's healthy. It's so hard to break bad eating habits. I also want to exercise my body daily.

3) Seek that which ought to be sought - most people live seeking the pleasures of this life, in whatever form these such pleasures might come, but I want to seek that which is to be sought: GOD and His kingdom.

4) Care more for others than for myself - when I was in junior high, I was always the reject kid. I remember how lonely it felt, and I remember crying myself to sleep at night many times. I vowed never to become one of those who excludes others; I know the pain. Last week I found myself as the one who was excluding, and when I realized it, I felt so horrible. I want to reach out to those society spurs, I want to embrace them and show them a love that has no agenda.

5) Really live - I want to live the God-life. I always get caught up in futile pursuits, thinking that earth in its present state is my home. I wish to just devour the gospels and live the way Jesus tells me to live, for I know that his teachings show us the way we are really meant to live, and living them brings great joy.

6) I want to simplify my life. I've made life so complicated when it's really so simple.

7) I want to be more Christ-like: more selfless, more humble, more sacrificial, more serving, more kind. I know this comes by no amount of sheer willpower; I will only experience this by GOD's spirit entering me and changing me.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...