Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Life has been really good lately. I have slept well, enjoyed my days, and enriched my friendships. I've been spending lots of time in prayer this Lent, and God has been speaking with me in many different ways. We must only open our hearts and our ears to hear His tender voice. Today is my birthday; I'm nineteen years old. Everyone on campus is wishing me a happy 13th because I look so young.

Yesterday Caleb and I drove home where I got my haircut; some people don't like it, others do, but the majority--by far--says it looks very nice. I plan on letting it grow out again--such is the cycle! We also had floor devotionals with 3Rhine, our sister floor. One of the professors gave the message, and Vinnie and Doc Rob led us in worship. Afterwards, a lot of us stayed behind to play a game called "Killer." It was good fun.

Today, Lizzie, Monica, Micah and I accompanied A.J. to Acme Tattoos on Vine Street; there, he got a tattoo of a cross with the initials of two friends of his: one died in a car accident, and the other was murdered two weeks ago. Tonight a bunch of us are going to CiCi's pizza to celebrate my birthday. The food sucks, but it is cheap. Jessica Yarnell--a Senior here at C.C.U., dating the floor "dad" Doc Rob--said, "We need to have a birthday party for my little brother!" So we got together and planned this. Right now I have some time to bust; I think I will accompany my roommate to the dining hall.

Spring break starts Friday after classes are over. I hope to take Ashlie and Amanda to the Newport Aquarium Saturday; one of my friends works there and might be able to get me free tickets. The beginning of next week is going to be spent at home, then I might go to Kentucky. I just received word that one of my friends here is going to go camping at Caesar's Creek near the end of break, so I might just do that. Besides, gas is expensive, and I'd have to drive all the way from Kentucky to Springboro to teach on Sunday... I don't know what I'm going to do.

Yahweh sees us.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...